Peter McDonough's Guitar
Handmade Exotic Wood Guitar
Creator: Peter McDonough, Millersburg, Ohio
- I used quarter sawn Genuine Mahogany for the back sides and neck - all from one board.
- I used Sitka spruce for the sound board
- The inlays are African Bocote (striped wood)
- I used African Blackwood for the thin black lines around the sound hole and head stock, and also for the bridge
- I used quarter sawn maple and walnut for the binding
It was handy that Keim sells so much exotic wood, and I liked the fact that I could go pick out the exact boards I wanted. The guys in the mill actually took down a pallet of Mahogany for me to look through until I found the exact grain I wanted!
Return to Exotic Handmade Guitars