Keim is a community business. It always has been and always will be. We want to assure our community that we’re doing our best to maintain a safe shopping environment for our co-workers, customers, and the larger community. We know that you trust us to provide for the livelihoods of thousands of families who depend on us to keep their businesses and homes running.
We’ve compiled a list of frequently asked questions, below, to help during this uncertain time.
Is Keim still open?
Yes, we are open. The Ohio Department of Health has deemed all hardware, construction, and related manufacturing as “essential.” However, in order to take the necessary safety precautions, we have reduced our staff and limited the number of customers allowed in our store. Due to these limitations (and for your safety), we discourage families from bringing children into the store. We appreciate your patience if serving you takes more time. We encourage all customers to place orders over the phone if possible.
Is the mill still in production?
Yes. According to section 12.V. of Governor DeWine’s Stay at Home order, the mill constitutes manufacturing that is related to hardware and construction, which is deemed “essential business.” We are putting forth continuous effort in sanitizing and social distancing for the protection of our staff and will do our best to fulfill orders during this time. We appreciate your patience if serving you takes more time.
What are Keim’s hours?
As of today, our hours remain the same. However, we’re constantly assessing the situation to keep our co-workers, customers, and community safe.
Is Keim still making deliveries?
Yes. We are still committed to delivering the products that customers need when they need them. You can also schedule a pick-up time at your convenience.
If customers don’t want to go to the store, how else can they get a product?
We’re happy to help you place a phone order. Please call 330.893.2251. Then you can choose to pick it up or have it delivered with our efficient delivery system.
How does this affect Keim’s Anniversary Sale?
We’ve decided to postpone the Anniversary Sale to help slow the spread of COVID-19. Please see visit our Anniversary Sale Update page for more information.
What is Keim doing to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
We are cleaning around the clock.
- Our welcome attendants disinfect each cart before a customer touches it.
- Our cashiers disinfect their registers and counters as often as possible, at least every 30 minutes.
- Our salespeople disinfect their counters between every customer visit.
- In addition to several full-time cleaners, every co-worker is pitching in to clean on an hourly rotation.
We are keeping in regulation with the Ohio Department of Health
- We ask our co-workers are taking their temperature before coming to work, as mandated by Governor DeWine. When in doubt, we ask them to stay at home.
- We are keeping a 6-foot social distance from customers and co-workers.
- We have postponed our Anniversary Sale and will only honor sales pricing if orders are placed over the phone, in response to Governor DeWine’s mandate for Ohioans to stay home.
We care for the health of our co-workers and community.
- We encourage the community to make their orders over the phone, to be picked up or delivered. This is to limit exposure of the virus to our co-workers and the community.
- We have a generous sick leave policy for co-workers during this time.
- If you need to come into our store, we'll give you a wave instead of a handshake, but we’re still glad to see you!
As always, thank you for supporting your local businesses! We’re in this together!