Summertime hasn’t started until you’ve fired up your grill. To start the season off right, here is a unique twist on a traditional meatloaf recipe. The taste is anything but “traditional.” Ground beef, with gooey pockets of fresh mozzarella, and slathered in barbeque sauce and smoked!
Any smoker will do, but we love our Traeger 885 Pellet Grill and our Weber Genesis II. We think you’ll love it, too—especially with the Traeger 885’s WiFire ability that lets you control the temperature from your phone.
- 2 lbs ground beef, pork, sausage
- 1 jar (2 cups) Traeger Apricot BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 1/2 cup parmesan, grated
- 1/2 cup (3.5 oz) fresh mozzarella, diced
- Traeger Rub
1. Preheat your pellet grill to 250ºF, set up for smoking.
2. Combine the ground meat(s), 1 cup of Traeger Apricot BBQ sauce, panko, egg, onion and cheeses in a bowl and mix well by hand.
3. Place the mixture on a work surface and form the meat into a loaf shape. Season well with Traeger Rub.
4. Smoke the meatloaf on the second shelf of the smoker and cook for about 45 minutes, or 100ºF internal temperature. Increase the grill temperature to 350ºF and glaze the meatloaf with the remaining barbeque sauce.
5. Cook until the internal temperature reaches 160ºF. Remove from the grill. Slice to serve.
Looking for more information about the grills mentioned in this article? Stop by our Home Center in Charm, Ohio, and visit our friendly staff in the Lawn and Garden department, who can show you the following grills listed in this article and more:
- Traeger Ironwood 885 Pellet Grill, SKU: 841458, $1,499.99
- Weber Genesis II SE-310 LP Grill Black, SKU: 817867, $799.99
- Traeger Apricot BBQ Sauce 16 oz, SKU:801979, $11.99
- Traeger Rub, SKU: 801994, $11.99
Keim is a fourth generation, family-owned business built on trust and dedicated to helping you fulfill your home building and woodworking dreams.