Building Industry Trends for 2020
At Keim, contractors trust us to give quality materials and quality service. So when it comes to building industry trends, whether for new construction or remodeling, you can trust us to give you advice that’s relevant to what your clients want and need.
We’ve put together a list of the building industry’s top trends for 2020. While some trends are recycled now and then, we’re sure you’ll find some new trends, too!
- Metal Roofing. We’re starting to see this everywhere. While the cost is a little more up front, it’s built to last. At Keim, we’ve carried the McElroy brand for more than 20 years and their Kynar 500 (PVDF) paint is great because it reflects the sun’s heat. This makes the building cooler in the summer. What’s even better is that the metal roofing is made of recycled materials and can be recycled if you ever need to replace it.
- Post-frame construction for homes. In the past, traditional, stick-framed houses were the standard. Now, more cost-sensitive homeowners are leaning toward post-frame construction. And it works pretty well for open floor plans.
- There are several reasons why homeowners might choose post-frame construction. Most center around time and cost. Since post-frame construction doesn’t have a basement or traditional foundation, then homeowners save money on material and labor costs, which in turn save them time.
- Modern farmhouse and craftsman style homes. These styles are known for their character and charm. From details like breakfast nooks to built-in cabinets, the details are what’s important. At Keim, we carry lots of building materials that fit these styles: shiplap, square trim, weathered hardwood floors, subway tile, etc. But if you’re looking for something really unique, don’t hesitate to ask!
- Customization. When your customers are looking for character, they likely won’t settle for the same windows as their neighbors. So when you bring your homeowners to Keim, we’ll set you up with quality, custom options. If we can’t help you find it in our store or order it from our suppliers, we’ll build it for you in our mill!
These are some of the trends we see in 2020. We’re curious to know what other trends you’re seeing, too. Look us up on Facebook or Instagram, or stop by our store in Charm, Ohio, and let us know the building trends that you’re seeing.