After a long day of working in the summer heat, there’s nothing better than relaxing while the smell of a big juicy steak drifts by.
Just make sure the smell is coming from your own backyard. Right?
If you want a sure-fire steak recipe, try out Grilled Ribeye with Hasselback Sweet Potatoes.* We like to use the Traeger for this recipe, because the wood pellets give it a great smokey flavor, and gives consistent heat without any flareups that gas or charcoal grills might have. It will make you look like a pro, regardless of your grilling expertise!
Grilled Ribeye with Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
- 2 (1-1/2 to 2 lb) bone-in ribeye steaks
- 4 sweet potatoes
- As Needed extra-virgin olive oil
- As Needed salt and pepper
- One hour before preparing, remove the steaks from the refrigerator to allow them to come to room temperature.
- When ready to cook, set Traeger to 400°F and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, cut each sweet potato crosswise into 1/8 inch slices, cutting only 3/4 of the way through the potatoes so they stay intact. Optional: lay chopsticks on either side of the potato to help prevent your knife from slicing all the way through the potatoes.
- Place the cut potatoes on a sheet pan. Drizzle with oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Place the pan on the grill. Roast until the potatoes are browned on the outside and tender in the center, 50 to 60 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, prep the steaks. Rub each steak with oil, and sprinkle salt and pepper generously over each side.
- When the sweet potatoes are almost done, place the steaks on the grill and cook, allowing each side to sear, until the internal temperature reaches 130°F for medium-rare, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Remove the steaks from the grill and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice the steaks against the grain. Place the potatoes and sliced the steak on a platter. Serve with Amanda’s Lemon Gremolata for extra flavor.
But our favorite part of this recipe (besides that wood-fired taste), is that when you use a Traeger grill, you can literally control the temperature from your fingertips! Each Traeger Pro has WiFire technology so that you can fire it up or change the temperature by using the Traeger app on your phone.
So come to Keim on June 29-July 3, for our summer sale! Enjoy 10% off Traeger, Weber, LuxCraft, Yeti products.
*Thanks to www.traegergrills.com for sharing the recipe.
Keim is a fourth generation, family-owned business built on trust and dedicated to helping you fulfill your home building and woodworking dreams.